For years now, India is known for its exotic spices. And all these exotic Indian spices are used for flavoring or tempering cooked food. You can indeed be creative with them and use them in your daily life to make your food taste better if you know the better uses of Indian spices. One of them is Amchur Powder, which is also known as mango powder. It is one of the Indian spices powder which has a fruity flavor, and it is made from dried unripe green mangoes.
When the mangoes are out of the season, the Amchur Powder is one of the most commonly used Indian spices. Additionally, you can also consume Indian spices for health benefits. When it comes to health, Amchur powder is one of the most consumed Indian spices for health because it is loaded with Vitamins A, E, and C and anti-oxidants and offers a very high nutritional value. Besides adding a unique flavor to the food, the Amchur Powder provides many medicinal benefits as it helps in digestion, and hence, it is used in many Ayurvedic medicines. It also effectively treats diabetes and cancer. Amchur powder contains a large amount of iron and is beneficial for pregnant women, and it also benefits the skin and the hair.
Things to know about Amchur powder:
For more than 4000 years now, Amchur powder has been used. It is one of the widely used Indian spices which is used to include the sweet and sour taste tinge in almost all dishes, pudding, or dessert. It is loved by adults and children.
Nutritional Value of Amchur per 10gm:
If consumed daily, a tablespoon of amchur can have a significant impact on your health, and 10 grams of amchur powder features 36 calories, of which there is zero percent fat. It inc 2 grams of fiber, 2% of calcium, and 3% of vitamin C. If you are looking for Indian spices for health, you can surely choose Amchur Powder as it has an abundance of vitamin A and C.
Health Benefits of amchur powder:
We have mentioned some of the amchur powder health benefits here, and you can surely start consuming amchur powder or add in different dishes to get not only the fantastic taste but also reap the excellent health benefits. If you are planning to reap amchur powder benefits, then you must know that you will find Amchur powder in the local market quickly. Besides adding to food, you can also add seeds and spices in some juices and health drinks to enhance the taste.
- Detoxifies your body- Amchur powder is loaded with vitamin A, C, D, B6, and beta carotenes, and it removes toxins, detoxifies the body, and is used in treating anemia. You can use Amchur powder or seeds and spices to cure nervous system disorders. Under Ayurveda, medicines are made of Amchur powder to treat conditions including diarrhea, dysentery, and urinary tract infection.
- Improves digestion- One of the most fantastic amchur powder benefits is for digestive system health as it not only helps in fighting acidity but also improves digestion. Additionally, it also fights constipation, flatulence and ensures good bowel movement. The seeds and spices have phenols and other phenolic compounds that are potent antioxidants, and it is essential to have good digestion for a robust metabolic system.
- Amchur for e
xcellent heart health- One of the most essential amchur powder health benefits is that it works wonders to ensure that cardiovascular health is in good condition. Additionally, powder has a plethora of health benefits as it prevents heart failures and other disorders. And it also very effective in preventing heart attacks. Thanks to the amchur powder health benefits, it is included in most recipes, and it is integrated into ayurvedic medicines to keep your heart healthy.
- Rich in iron- It is a rich source of iron, so if you suffer from iron deficiencies like anemia, you are advised to include food rich in iron as part of your diet. It is advisable to add amchur to your diet, as amchur powder benefits are numerous.
- Prevention and treatment of scurvy- One of the best amchur powder benefits is that it prevents and treats scurvy as high levels of Vitamin C that proves to be very helpful in healing conditions like scurvy. Scurvy mainly occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin C. If amchur powder is consumed on a d
- aily basis, then Scurvy can be treated and prevented.
- Controls Blood Pressure and Diabetes- Mangoes have a plethora of health benefits, and one of the best advantages is that it helps to maintain the low glycemic index. The amchur powder benefits include potassium will also make sure that the blood levels are regulated, and if you can consume it every day, you can keep your blood sugar levels in control.
- Improves vision- The seeds and spices contain a high amount of Vitamin A and E, which are essential for healthy eyes and skin. Amchur powder promises well-functioning hormones. You can not only improve your eyesight and prevent eye-related conditions like cataract but also has an anti-aging effect on the skin. All you need to do is eat it daily.
- Induces weight loss- The seeds and spices feature anti-oxidant properties that are present in amchur can boost metabolism and, in turn, helps in increasing weight loss. Mango powder or Amchur powder has low carbohydrates and is recommended in weight loss programs, and it is one of the best amchur powder benefits, so you must include this powder in your diet.
Hence you can buy amchur powder online as it has a plethora of uses when it comes to preparing dishes. After you purchase seeds and spices online, you can add flavors to soups, chutneys, and curries. The dried powder is directly added to these dishes. The amchur powder is a spice that the majority of the chefs love to experiment with and is even used in continental dishes. Above all, the amchur powder has a unique taste that cannot be replaced.