Dates are the fruits of the date palm tree, and it is ideally grown in many tropical regions of the world. In the past few years, dates as dry fruits have gained a lot of popularity. Almost all the dates are sold today as dry fruits. Based on their appearances, you can say if dates are dried or not. A smooth skin indicates freshness, while a wrinkled skin indicates dates are dried. Based on the variety, fresh dates are relatively small in size and range in color from bright red to bright yellow. Some of the most common kinds of dates include Mejdoul dates, Iranian dates and Deglet Noor dates.
Dates as dry fruits are chewy with a sweet flavor. Above all, as seeds and spices, they are also high in some essential nutrients and have a plethora of advantages. Dates are famous for their high content of natural sugars. When compared to the fresh fruit, the dried dates have a higher calorie content. The fruits are harvested mostly by local farmers and then exported around the world as they are grown on palm trees.
Health Benefits of Dates:
- Dates are Highly Nutritious: The nutritional data of dates are ideally off the charts, and it is one of the best dry fruits & nuts benefits as the fruits are packed with a lot of essential vitamins and other nutrients which are beneficial to our overall health. They are also rich in fiber and carbs, which without a doubt makes them one of the healthiest dry fruits, and it’s no wonder that dates are one of the most preferred fruits around the world thanks to dates health benefits. Dates are also famous for their rich concentration of antioxidants that can significantly benefit your cardiac and pulmonary health. One of the best dates benefits is that the high antioxidant ratio also helps in preventing dangerous diseases, including cancer.
- Helps in bowel movement- Among all the dates benefits, it is one of the most important ones because fiber content in dates is exceptionally high, and it can help people who are suffering from health issues that happen due to irregular bowel movements… Hence, you can surely make the most of dry fruits & nuts benefits when you consume dates every day.
- High Concentration of Antioxidants- Antioxidants are ideally compounds that inhibit the process of oxidation and remove the dangerous free radicals, which tend to cause a lot of harm to our cells. Oxidation can be very harmful as it can be quite harmful to the structural and genetic integrity of our cells. Dates are quite famous for their high concentration of antioxidants. Dates top the chart with the highest concentration of antioxidants when compared to other dry fruits.
- Improves the functionality of the brain- Inflammatory cytokines, including Interleukin, can be extremely dangerous to your brain and the increased presence leads to neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. Under the dates benefits when you consume dates regularly, it helps in reducing the IL-6 levels and thus helping in reducing the risk of developing degenerative brain conditions.
- Helps in natural labor- Pregnant women who consume dates regularly have a higher chance of delivering by natural delivery as it one of the best dates health benefits. The frequency of honest labor is going down by a significant margin in the modern era. Eating dates at the last stages of pregnancy can help in making the complete process of delivery much smoother, and the effects appear due to the unique compounds present in dates that can minimize the need for oxytocin during pregnancy. The nutritional value of dates is helpful during labor as the mother will have enough natural sugars that can provide energy during pregnancy.
- Minimizes the risk of cancer- A deadly disease that claims a lot of lives worldwide and also presents a substantial financial burden on the healthcare sector is cancer. Some peculiar properties revealed that the presence of beta D-glucan in dates is very advantageous in promoting anti-tumor activity in our body. Under the dates benefits, the high concentration of antioxidants in dates also helps in reducing the activities of free radicals.
- Helps in fighting diabetes- One of the most common diseases around the world is diabetes due to the greater intake of unhealthy fast food and also due to a diet that is too high in calories and sugar, the increasing frequency in the number of cases that are being reported under diabetes section. Dates have the ability to enhance the production of insulin, besides several other properties that can help minimize the rate of absorption of glucose from the intestine. If you are diabetic, you must consume dates every day.
- Promotes Bone Health- As you age, the importance of bone health tends to increase as strong bones are necessary to survive accidental trauma or even slight falls. If you have osteoporosis, then you are more likely to suffer from fractures and other issues that arise due to lousy bone health. Dates are highly rich in micronutrients, including selenium, manganese, magnesium, and copper, and these micronutrients ensure your bone health.
- Banana date smoothies- You can blend bananas and dates to make one of the best dates recipes, and you can also add chia seeds to the mix that gives it a protein boost to power your morning.
- Baked Oatmeal with Figs & Dates- the hearty dates healthy recipes, is between something like a cakey treat and a whole porridge, making it a welcome addition to your morning diet.
- Kumquat Tarts with Almond -Date Crust- you can also use Mandarin oranges if you can’t find tart kumquats or prefer a fruit that’s a bit sweeter and juicier.
- Paleo Bacon Date Bites- You get the most date benefits with bite-sized squares that are sweet, salty, and savory all at once.
Hence with all the dates healthy recipes, you can make the most of the dates benefits and lead a healthy life with them. You can make the dates recipes easily.