10 amazing benefits of flaxseeds
Benefits of flax seeds
Health benefits of flax seeds
Flax seeds advantages
Flax seed or linseed, it is a seed not a grain. It is filled with fiber and it’s one of the most powerful and versatile seed. Flax seeds are produced by a plant called FLAX. Flax seeds are found in all kind of today’s food from crackers to frozen waffles to oatmeal. It is also available in the form of seeds, oil, flour, capsules, tablets and powder.
Nutritional attributes of flax seeds are amazing. They contain a huge source of fiber protein and various minerals. These seeds are richest source of omega-3 fatty acid which is named as alpha linolenic acid. A two tablespoon portion of flax seeds contain 6 gram of fiber (about quarter of the recommended amount).
BENEFITS OF FLAX SEEDS
Flax seed is beneficial in so many ways. There are end numbers of benefits from flax seeds. It will be completely helpful in achieving your aspiration of leading a perfectly healthy life. This is not only best for the consumption uses but also for beauty treatments. You can apply it directly to the skin. It is also helpful for the brain, reducing the stress, for the eyesight and it also beneficial in good sleep. It helps to make our bones stronger. Flax seeds also contain the antiviral and antibacterial properties, thus may help reduce the number of severity of flues and cold.
Flax seeds are more advantageous to women. As it helps in dealing with the hormonal disorders and period crams during the time of menstruation. It also helps in maintaining the cycle properly, such as encouraging a normal length.
- Flax seed is the richest dietary source of lignans, a type of phytoestrogens. A phytoestrogens is a plant nutrient that is somewhat similar to the female hormone estrogen. Due to this similarity, lignans may have estrogenic and/or anti estrogenic effects in the bod
- Flax seeds oil is also useful in many ways. It May help treating in constipation and diarrhea.
- The flax seed oil is used for skin care treatments also. It will show the tremendous results in your skin after a continuous use.
- Just like the flax seeds, flax seeds oil may also do wonders for weight loss; this is mainly because of its attribute of boosting your digestive system.
- Ground Flax seeds are amazing if you add them in your diet. It will be helpful in removing the belly bulge. Ground flax seed is an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber which will cleanse the intestinal tract and regulate elimination.
- The special thing about flax seed oil is its versatility. It can replace any other type of oil used for different requirements.
- Flax seeds help in nourishing the skin, balance oil and so on. The seeds replenish vitamins and minerals in the skin so it looks radiantly healthy.
- Flax seeds also help in curing the acnes. Acnes are caused by inflammation, imbalanced hormones, and the plugging of skin cells in pores.
- Flax seeds contain highly concentrated antioxidants found in flax seed help to protect skin against free radicals and UV rays. Its attribute of anti inflammation helps in reducing redness and irritation and encourage skin cell to heal more quickly.
- Flax seeds can make your skin glow more than expected. It’s a natural remedy to give your skin a healthy glow.
- One of the biggest benefits of flaxseed is that these seeds contain a high amount of mucilage gum content. It is a gel-based fibre which is water-soluble, thus help in moving through the gastrointestinal tract undigested.
- Mucilage keeps food in the stomach for a long time, which helps in absorbing more nutrients from food.
- Flaxseed contains fatty acids like omega 3 which helps in reducing the risk of coronary heart disease and inflammation.
- Flax seeds are also beneficial for reducing cholesterol, the gel base water-soluble fibre extract all the fat and cholesterol in the digestive system.
- It is high in antioxidants like lignans which help in preventing ageing and hormonal imbalance.
- Flax seed’s lignan antioxidant contains phytoestrogens which alert estrogen and lead to prevent tumour.
- Flax seeds also helps in weight loss, ALA fats in flaxseed helps in reducing inflammation and also helps in balancing the hormones that make the individual feel full and result in the intake of few calories.
- It also helps in decreasing the menstruation issues. Flaxseed acts as an alternate for hormone replacement.
- Flax seeds are gluten-free. Ingredients containing gluten are hard to digest while the flax seeds are easily digestible as these seeds can absorb a lot of liquid which helps in binding all nutrients.
- Consumption of flax seeds help in reducing the risk of breast cancer, as the consumption of diet containing fibers, lignans and antioxidants decrease the risk of cancer, also the hormonal balancing by lignin result into lowering the risk of cancer.
- Flax seeds support digestive health, these seeds help in maintaining bowel movements. Health issues like digestion and constipation can be prevented by intake of flax seeds, which will also benefit in obtaining other nutrients.
Apart from its use in the diet for a healthy life or its uses in skincare, it has its versatility the best attribute of flax seeds. It contains so many fibres, minerals, vitamins, omega 3 and omega 6 in its oil etc. The benefit of flax seeds doesn’t end here only there are some more advantages of flax seeds. As there is end number of qualities of flax seeds, It is best when used with yoghurt, buttermilk, water or consumed as a powder in a required amount. It can be also fried with salts to add some more taste to it. Flax seeds are just magical. They are used in Indian cuisine so often. For hormonal imbalance, you can include 1 Tbsp in your diet early in the morning. You can add flax seeds into your salad and smoothies or you can add this into your baked goods. Now with the increasing popularity of flax seeds, people have discovered so many trendy and new ideas to eat flax seeds and found so many ways to add this in their daily supplements. One of the simplest ways to include flax seeds in your diet is to have raw flax seeds. There are recipes of flax seeds like flax eggs, flax seed Raita, smoothies, cookies, flaxseed chutney (dry), flaxseed butter and laddus (Indian dessert) and many more you can find on the internet.
Along with these, flax seeds are pure blessings for your hairs. It is good for hair, nails and skin too. Because flaxseed is a source of vitamin B- Complex, this helps to grow your hair strong, healthy and fast. It helps in balancing pH levels and oil production. It soothes your scalp and keeps you calm. Flax seeds are not at all expensive like your premium salon treatments and you will be happy to know the homemade remedies of flax seeds. This also ensures that the new growth is strong and healthy. It keeps your hair conditioned. Flaxseed oil is beneficial for hairs.
So these are some benefits and advantages of the versatile flax seeds. You can find more after having a personal experience of using flax seeds in your daily routine. You will found out gradually.